How To Be A Good Boss Aug 04 2009
“Masters, grant your slaves justice and fairness, knowing that you too have a Master in heaven.” - Colossians 4:1
Here are some Biblical principles for being a good boss:
• Be a person of integrity. People need to be able to trust the boss.
• Make expectations clear. Take the time to teach, train, and respond to questions.
• Hold people accountable. Expecting excellence is good for all.
• Be fair to all concerned. Playing favorites is demoralizing to the troops.
• Lead by building up the team and individual rather than leading through intimidation.
• Genuinely care about the employee’s success just as much as your own. This makes your chance for success far greater.
• Remember, you have to answer to God. God has entrusted authority to you to serve Him and others though leadership. Jesus was the perfect example of servant leadership when He humbled Himself to become one of His own creations and, even more, so when He gave His life for those He came to lead.
Jesus is the ultimate CEO, the ultimate boss, the ultimate servant leader.
You are reading a Daily Devotion from Right From The Heart. We invite you to share it, leave a comment, and subscribe to the daily email or RSS feed.
Subscribe to the Daily Devotion
We send out the devotion terribly early every morning. Enter your email address to get on the list.
|Wed, Apr 23||Preparing Your Children for Life (1)|
|Tue, Apr 22||Jesus' Appearances After His... (2)|
|Mon, Apr 21||Changed For Eternity! (3)|
|Sun, Apr 20||The Single Act That Defined... (32)|
|Sat, Apr 19||Outrageous Claim? (4)|
|Fri, Apr 18||The First Easter Morning (2)|
|Thu, Apr 17||No Darkness in Heaven! (4)|